Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sports, Life, Health



"The glory of sport is born at the moment when the game and the person become one, when all the complexity of one's life finds a moment to emerge in the game." -Timothy Shriver, Ph.D.
Did you ever ask yourself, what are 'sports'? Well let me tell you. sports are entertaining and skillful activities requiring skills, physical power, commitment, and often a competitive nature. In a kid’s life, sports are very important and have many benefits, like getting better grades in school, a less chance of using drugs or alcohol, getting sports scholarships, and some health benefits.
The biggest trick for playing sports as a child is being injured. Some people might not play sports because of their gender, but the sport opportunities for females have been rising since the passage of Title IX in 1972. The percentage of females playing sports and the participation of girls in the interscholastic athletics is about 39%.
We made a survey for a couple of seven and eight graders because we wanted to see what their opinions are, and this is what we got:
Some said:
"I play sports for almost 2-4 hours per week, it brings me happiness and joy."
Some agreed and some disagreed;
"No, sports are not my thing. I'm too lazy and I don't have time, I have more important things to do in my life."
Which road would you like to take???
Written By: Ghena Haikal, 7c
             And Tala Nassar 8b

No comments:

Post a Comment